Dr Julia Kelly
Dr Julia Kelly completed her PhD at La Trobe University in 2000 on the art at Pompeii. She worked at La Trobe’s Trendall Research Centre and as a guest lecturer at La Trobe and the University of Melbourne before joining ASA in 2004. Julia was introduced to ASA in 2002 when she was invited to lecture on the tour Hellenic Heritage; from Minoan Crete to Byzantium and has since travelled on many ASA tours as a group manager. She has also travelled widely for ASA undertaking reconnaissance and research trips to new tour destinations, including India, Russia, Albania, Macedonia, Tunisia and Libya. She currently holds the position of General Manager for ASA.
- Honorary Associate, La Trobe University
- Member, Historia Inc., an organisation that stages theatrically oriented academic presentations at conferences, student presentations, community events and projects.
- Al-Maghrib Al-Aqsa: Islamic Civilization in Morocco (2016)
- Hidden Rome: Private Spaces of the Eternal City (2016)
- A Literary Tour of the East Coast of North America (2015)
- Islands of the Central Mediterranean: Malta, Sicily & the Aeolian Islands (2012)
- The Wine Dark Sea: Southern Italy & Sicily (2009, 2011, 2013)
- Venice & Her Empire; the Veneto, Croatia & the Adriatic Islands (2006)
- Roman Cultural Landscapes; the Art and Society of Rome from Antiquity to the Middle Ages (La Trobe University credit course 2005)
- A Paris Affair (2005)
- The New Berlin (2005)
- Hellenic Heritage; from Minoan Crete to Byzantium (2002)